Terms & Privacy
Terms & Conditions
"Elyse Body", "us", "we" or "our" refer to Stocking Affair Limited, a company registered is in England and Wales under registration number 1715545. Our registered address is 12 Beastfair, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF8 1AW, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is 404 7550 68.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure you understand them before placing any orders on elysebody.com. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not use this website and should leave it immediately.
By completing the checkout process and placing an order you are offering to buy it for the price stated.
We may not accept your order for any of the following reasons:
- An item you have ordered is out of stock
- We discover a pricing error
- We are unable to obtain authorisation of your payment
- Your card is due to expire within 28 days of your purchase date
We may also refuse to process and therefore accept an order for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time and at our sole discretion.
If we are unable to fulfil your order following our order acknowledgement, we will contact you by email or telephone advising you of this. If we can't supply any items on your order, we will release the funds being held in your account for the purchase.
While we try and ensure that all details on our website are accurate, we may from time to time discover an error in the pricing of products. If we discover an error in the price of any products that you have ordered, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. We will give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel and have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund as soon as possible. If we are unable to contact you, your order will be cancelled and we shall refund the full amount as soon as we are able to.
RETURNS & CANCELLATION
For information on returns and our free UK returns service, please see our Returns Policy.
You have a legal right to cancel your order under the Consumers Contract (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, if you are in the EU.
You may cancel the order within 14 days after the day on which you receive your items.
If you wish to cancel before your items have been dispatched, you need to clearly inform us. In order to do so, you will need to confirm in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, address and order reference. If you cancel your order before dispatch, we will reimburse all payments received from you, including the cost of delivery paid by you.
If you wish to cancel your order after the items have been dispatched, you must let us know within 14 days after the day you receive your items. You can notify us by email as above. Once we have received notification from you that you wish to cancel your order, you will have 14 days to return your items to us. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back.
As an alternative to using your rights under the ICACRs, you may wish to return items using our free and easy returns service. You must request your return within 28 days for a refund of the value of the item only. For more information on our returns service, please see our Returns Policy.
Promotion codes are non-transferable and have no monetary value. They cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion code or offer, and under no circumstances can the value of the discount code be deducted from an order if that code is out of date - no replacement code will be issued.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect and process only the data that allow us to provide our services to you. When you browse or shop at elysebody.com, we may collect the following data:
- When you place an order for products, we process the information required to complete and dispatch your purchase, including your name, telephone number, billing address, delivery address, payment details and email address. We do not store credit or debit card details and only transfer them to our authorised payment providers.
- If you register for an Elyse Body account, we collect your name, email address and password.
- We collect your email address when you opt in to receive our newsletter and special offers.
- To provide you with a personalised experience on our site, we collect and process information about your browsing on elysebody.com including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages.
HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT?
We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To enable us to perform our contract with you, including taking payment, dispatch and delivery;
- To provide you with personalised advertising and marketing;
- To provide you with a personalised experience on our site;
- To provide and improve our services;
- To provide you customer service.
We retain the data you provide us as long as it is necessary and relevant to our operations.
We use technology such as "cookies" to collect information about the pages you view and store your online preferences. Cookies are text files stored on your computer when you visit web pages, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
We use the following categories of cookies on our website
- Essential cookies: Some of the cookies on our website are essential in order to move around the website and use its features. For example, without these cookies, services such as remembering your login details or shopping bag items cannot be provided.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies enable you to browse our online services and use features such as the shopping bag and wish list. To make
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to collect anonymous information on how customers use our website. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how customers reach our site, allowing us to continually improve our online services and your shopping experience.
- Advertising cookies: In order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests, these cookies collect information about your browsing habits. Having these cookies does not increase the number of adverts, but simply makes the adverts you see more relevant.
- Social sharing cookies: These cookies allow you to share what you've been doing on our website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your web browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
If you want to know more about how cookies work or how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium's website.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
The General Data Protection Regulation provides rights of access, modification and deletion of your personal information. You may
SECURITY & DISCLOSURE
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe. We protect your information using measures that reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alterations
In order to provide our services, we work with a number of carefully selected third party service providers. To do this, we may share your information with these authorised third parties such as:
- Payment providers that we use to process your payment information so that we can collect payment from you
- Courier companies, such as Royal Mail, that we use to deliver your purchases
- Marketing and advertising providers in order to personalise your experience
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We do not allow our authorised third party service providers to use your data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your information for specified purposes.
Where legally compelling grounds exist, we may also disclose your information to governmental and law enforcement agencies, and otherwise in the defence of legal claims.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (www.ico.org.uk), the data protection supervisory in the UK responsible for compliance with rules on personal data protection.